for developers building applications to run in Kubernetes clusters, and for DevOps staff troubleshooting Kubernetes applications. Features include:
- View your clusters in an explorer tree view, and drill into workloads, services, pods and nodes.
- Browse Helm repos and install charts into your Kubernetes cluster.
- Intellisense for Kubernetes resources and Helm charts and templates.
- Edit Kubernetes resource manifests and apply them to your cluster.
- Build and run containers in your cluster from Dockerfiles in your project.
- View diffs of a resource’s current state against the resource manifest in your Git repo
- Easily check out the Git commit corresponding to a deployed application.
- Run commands or start a shell within your application’s pods.
- Get or follow logs and events from your clusters.
- Forward local ports to your application’s pods.
- Create Helm charts using scaffolding and snippets.
- Bootstrap applications using Draft, and rapidly deploy and debug them to speed up the development loop.
docker if you plan to use the extension to build applications rather than only browse.